Monday, August 11, 2008

Shameful Sunday

Sunday was a nightmare, and I only have myself to blame. I made the mistake of staying out late on Saturday night, really late, and thus overslept on Sunday and missed the 5k I was supposed to run. I then proceeded to stink up the field (well, just the batter's box) for the last game of the summer.

I'm not as down on myself as it may seem though. I began reading the NY Road Runners Complete Book of Running (home of the original Couch-to-5k Plan) and realized that running the race might have been a bad idea anyway. I need my mileage to increase a bit before I attempt a 5k.

Today I start Week 6 of the Cool Running's Couch-to-5k Plan.

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

* Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
* Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
* Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
* Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
* Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)


The weather tonight should be great, low humidity and temps in the mid-70's.

No comments: