Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Plan!

Ok so after looking at some different plans online I think I've settled on my next one. Since coolrunning.com's Couch-to-5k plan has been good to me and since I actually still don't have that much running experience, I've decided to start Cool Running's Beginner 5k Program.

I thought about going for the 10k, but I haven't even run my first 5k race yet and I still feel like a beginning runner.

If you take a look at the plan, it is very similar to the Couch-to-5k, except that it adds two more days of running, one of which is very light. It also adds a runs that are decide to improve speed, like hill runs and fartleks. I'm really not sure how my body is going to react to the added days, but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

1 comment:

PointSpecial said...

That program looks good! It seems like a great next step. I've had trouble staying consistent with the Couch-to-5k, but once I'm done with that, this program looks like it's a fairly natural progression.