Monday, July 5, 2010

One More Purchase

Happy 4th yall!

I went ahead and bought a stability ball this weekend. Between it, the resistance bands, the kettlebell, and the bike, not to mention running outside and access to a gym, I think I'm pretty set on the fitness front. Tonight I did thirty minutes on the stationary bike. I'm discovering that it takes a good 15 minutes to get the legs warmed up. After that, it goes pretty smoothly. Depending on the weather, I'm either going to run outside tomorrow, or go to the gym and do 30 min on the treadmill. I'm hoping to get into a bike/run/bike/run/bike/run pattern with Sundays off. I also sat down and watched the exercise DVD's that came with the bands and stability ball. Everything seemed fairly straight forward. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to split up everything. Thinking of alternating between full body work outs and yoga, since I recently found a few yoga workouts through Netflix's instant function.

On the diet front, I did slack off over the holiday weekend, but I didn't go too overboard. Today I discovered that the local coffeeshop's curry chicken salad is darn near paleo and might tasty. I'm going to try to find a recipe online so I can make it at home for a lot cheaper,

2 comments:

kizzy said...

Good to hear that...
For me, I would prefer going on bike that on treadmill...
Arcteryx

Unknown said...

That is really great! good luck! ~ smartwool ~