Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still At It

For whatever reason, it has been rough getting into a running groove this Spring. Part of the reason is that it's been unseasonable cold and rainy and exceptionally overcast here lately. Not exactly the best environment for getting reacquainted with distance running. I'm going to try to give it another go this evening as part of my workout plan. The muscle-building part of my workout plan comes from this month's Men's Health magazine. It's a 15 minute full body workout. I plan on doing this as a kind of shake-off-the-rust plan until I feel ready to start hitting the weights again.

Cardio:
Couch-to-5k Running Plan Week 2, Day 1:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Adding 5 min. cool down, total time = 30min

Muscle:
Cycle through, doing 10 reps of each and repeat for a total of 15min.
Bodyweight squats
Judo Pushup
Sprinter Situp

No comments: